Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our First Scare

Sorry I havent updated the blog in a few weeks. Things have been really hectic. We had a scare with Madison on Jan. 14. I had an appt in Danville that day so my mom watched her so i could go. Madison had physical therapy that day at 1. While i was gone, Madison was in the middle of her treatments and she got really junky. My mom tried suctioning her but it just wasnt clearing up. Then all of a sudden she turned gray and went limp and stopped breathing. My mom immediately started CPR. In the process of my mom doing that the therapist called 911. Soon as Madison started breathing again, my mom went and put her straight on her bipap and hooked her up to oxygen. The ambulance got there within 10 mins of the call. They took her to Martinsville Memorial Hospital. I met them there. She was really fussy so Bj went home and got her bipap and brought it back to the hospital. Soon as i put it on her she was very content and took a nap. They did a xray and xray showed her right lung collapsed again. I didnt feel comfortable taking her back home so i felt she needed to be in the hospital in case she had another episode. Roanoke didnt have any beds available so they transported her to Brenners Childrens Hospital at Baptist. Once we got there we got her settled. The next morning they did a xray and it showed her lung was back inflated.

I am so thankful for my mom. I know God was with her that day because she hasnt had CPR in over 30 years and when Madison stopped breathing she all of a sudden knew what to do. God healed Madison. For her xray to show that her lung was collapsed one night and then the next morning its back inflated. God healed her lung.

We got to come home from the hospital on Jan. 15. Madison is doing really good now. We are just more cautious about everything with her. I do her therapy 3 times a day. She stays on her bipap for 2 hours then off for 2 hours throughout the day. I suction her atleast every 5-10 mins to make sure i get all her secretions that i can get. Anything i have to do to prevent her from what happened a few weeks ago im going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment